Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Bus Uncle, you DIE!
I'm SO EFFING PISSED RIGHT NOW. I can't believe what the fuck just happened! I boarded the 165 bus just now and due to insufficient funds in my ezlink card, I paid 55cents. Ok fine, maybe i'm supposed to pay adult fare but he just took my card and shone a torchlight to it. It was kinda annoying coz he totally stopped the bus and was keeping everyone in the bus waiting. So I asked him what the problem was BUT HE JUST TOOK MY CARD AND PUNCHED A FEW BUTTONS IN THAT STUPID KEYPAD THINGIE OF HIS AND KEPT IT IN HIS EFFING POCKET, WITH THE TICKETS HE JUST PRINTED OUT. Then he took out this stack of paper and handed one copy to me. At first I thought it was a new kinda ticket or something but BOY, WAS I WRONG. The card read "Sorry, your card has been retained." and I was supposed to call the hotline to collect it back FIVE FUCKING DAYS LATER. So I asked him what was wrong, he said I shouldn't have paid student fare and the card has to be sent for checking. I was APPALLED! Then he told me not to disturb him and to return to my seat in chinese. (Another thing was he was speaking to me in malay at first and I told him that I didn't understand what he was talking about then he explained to me in chinese.) So I went back to my seat, too pissed to rebut. I seriously felt like STRANGLING THAT IDIOT. Then I went back to persuade him to give me back my card, coz I had to take mrt after that bus ride as well as travel to school the next few days. But he was so darn unreasonable! HE REFUSED TO GIVE IT BACK!
A MEMO TO STUPID BUS UNCLE:
I mean, you are the one at fault for not telling me to pay adult fare when I didn't but instead, you retain my card with the reason that I shouldn't have paid student fare and should have known not to and that the card has to be checked. CHECKED FOR WHAT FUCKING REASON? Even if I paid the wrong fare, you could have just prompted me to pay extra. FOR ONE, I WOULDN'T HAVE ARGUED & I WOULD HAVE PAY THAT LITTLE EXTRA. It's not like I don't have the money to do so, you know mister bus uncle. You are the one who went pressing away at your ticket machine and confiscated my card without my knowledge of the actual problem. I HAVE to use the card to travel you know.
My mum just popped into my room and when i told her what happened, she calmed me down and spoke to me about the matter at hand. She did make me realise that what's done is done and there's no use crying over split milk. I hate to admit it but she's right. No matter how rude or unreasonable(or maybe not)I thought the bus uncle was, I shouldn't have paid 55cents. ok, i'm sorry. I was too caught up being pissed that I didn't realise that the bus uncle was just doing his job. I was too busy cursing and swearing, I took for granted the fact that my card could be retained if I misused it. I AM IN THE WRONG, MISTER BUS DRIVER. I'M SORRY.
Goodbye, my almost lover.
So long, my luckless romance.
9:39:00 PM




